11th August

The wet and windy continued, but with a bit more about I think we can safely say autumn is creeping into view and it was all kicked-off by an unexpected first for the year! A Turtle Dove was seen briefly between the school and the mill before flying off towards Holland gardens, attempts to re-locate the bird proved fruitless, but all the same a good record for the island.
Elsewhere a sea-watch provided respectable numbers, but usual fodder, 1 Manx Shearwater, 2 Storm Petrels, 1 Blue phase Fulmar, 9 Sooty Shearwaters and a solitary Puffin being the highlights.
Waders provided good viewing again as numbers continue to rise, 767 Golden Plovers were present in flocks around the island, other numbers include 351 Turnstones, 111 Knot, 13 Purple Sandpipers, 44 Dunlin, 11 Ruff, 38 Snipe, 24 Bar-tailed Godwits and 27 Black-tailed Godwits.
Other notable non-passerines came in the shape of a Grey Heron seen between Brides and Hooking and a Sandwich Tern seen from the links.
Passerine wise there was a notable increase in Meadow Pipit, with the day total rising to a respectable 103. Sedge Warbler numbers were also on the rise with a final count of 9 birds, otherwise it was much the same the Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff were still present in Holland, there were 6 Twite up the top end of the island and 3 Redpoll including a juvenile, suggesting they've bred on the island for a second consecutive year. The weather looks to stay much the same over the coming days but winds appear to swing into the South-South East after the weekend, giving us hope of more to come.
Golden Plover - George Gay

Sedge Warbler - George Gay 

Comments

Unknown said…
Hello to the people of this forum< Am chizzy from Texas and i can say that am the happiest person on earth since last week with what DR UKO has done for me , it all started last year October when my fiance left me in Texas and travel to see his parents in Ohio at first him was still calling me and show love even when him was away , but it gets to a point when he no longer gives a shit about me , and i noticed it so when i tried to confront him , he told me that he dose not love me again that he feel like being alone i was shocked and heartbroken when i tried talking he will hang the phone on me i was so heart broken and i was frustrated about this , but on a second thought i was not convince that he was on his right senses so i discuss this with my elder sister who lives in California and she directed me to DR UKO of ukospelltemple@yahoo.com saying that the man has helped her friend in such case before so i said to my self let me tried i contacted this man and explain everything to him and behold dr uko said to me what am to do and i did exactly what he and he said after three days my fiance will call me and once he calls me i should pick the calls and he gave some other instructions . so i said okay , but to my best surprise on the 7th of November my fiancee called me and started saying on the phone am sorry it was like a dream to me , with this i said i will tell the world of his dr UKO goodness in my life , so if any one is out there and needs help in his or her relationship can also contact him today via

email ukospelltemple@yahoo.com or whatsapp him on ; +2347064650019