6th-11th July

 A week of mixed weather consisted mostly of either sunshine or fog saw the beginnings of the late summer wader passage begin, our first Storm Petrel session of the year and even a surprise arrival.

With silage getting going it was inevitable that there would be an increase in wader numbers as they gather to feed on fields that have been covered by vegetation for most of the Spring. A flock of 174 Oystercatchers, 190+ Golden Plovers and various other dribs and drabs have kept us on our toes for the arrival of something a bit more exciting, but it's yet to happen. A Greenshank and a Curlew Sandpiper have been the big wader highlights so far this month.

The two German escaped Snow Geese are still on Garso while the Hen Harrier from the start of the month is still lingering around the island. Elsewhere Swifts have been passing through the island in low numbers with most being seen over the obs and around Holland House. 

The main highlight of the last week has been our second Rosy Starling of the year, found on the 8th the bird was still present on the 11th with Starlings going between the beach and fields at the bottom of the Lenswick footpath. 

On a last note the moth traps have finally began to draw in numbers after a very quiet start, but it's mostly common stuff however an Oblique Carpet on the 10th was a nice highlight with under 30 records for Orkney. 

                                   Rosy Starling
 
                                   Swift


Comments

Dave said…
He is the best out there,I tested him and he delivered a good job,he helped me settle bank loans,he also helped my son upgrade his scores at high school final year which made him graduate successfully and he gave my son free scholarship into the college,all I had to do was to settle the bills for the tools on the job,I used $500 to get a job of $50000 done all thanks to Robertson he saved me from all my troubles,sharing this is how I can show gratitude in return for all he has done for me and my family
Contact premiumhackservices@gmail.com
Telegram ‪+1 (984) 733‑3673‬